There have been many types of weapons utilized in armed combat. Presented in this section are only those weapons that were in common use for dueling and civilian self-defense in European cultures. The descriptions provided are general in nature in order to give the reader a basic understanding of these weapons.
- Longsword (Spada, Schwert)
- Rapier (Espada, Espada Ropera, Spada, Espée)
- Small-Sword (Épée)
- Dueling Sword (Épée de Combat)
- Italian Dueling Sword (Spada, Spada di Terreno, Spada de Duello)
- Italian Dueling Sabre (Sciabola de Duello, Sciabola di Terreno)